Bose q35 wireless headphones

are there any specific drivers I can download to get my Bose q35 to link to my computer? I have windows 10, the headphones show up as an option, but will not connect. :frowning:

I sent Trevor instructions over regular email. Here is what I sent him.

With these headphones, Bose has chosen to use a non-standard connection method combining Bluetooth Low Energy and regular Bluetooth in order to support easy switching using their apps in iOS and Android. Unfortunately, Bose has provided no equivalent apps for Windows.

I would like to take a step-by-step approach to connecting the headphones to see if we can get it to work.

1. Turn off Bluetooth on any devices in the area that you have previously connected the headphones to and “Unpair” or “Forget” the connection in each device’s Bluetooth settings. This is important to make sure it doesn’t automatically connect to one of them instead of to the computer.

2. On the computer, click the Bluetooth icon in the system tray and select Add a Bluetooth Device. The Manage Bluetooth devices window will open.

3. In the Manage Bluetooth Devices window, click any icon for the Bose QC 35 headphones and select Remove Device. Confirm in the next window.

4. On the headphones, slide and hold the power switch to the Bluetooth symbol until you hear “Ready to Pair” or the Bluetooth indicator blinks blue.

5. Two icons for the headphones should show up in the Manage Bluetooth Devices list on the computer. Click the one that shows headphones, then select Pair. If you don’t see a headphones icon at first, wait a moment for it to appear.

6. The headphones should connect. Try playing music through them. If it doesn’t work, continue with step 7.

7. Right click the speaker icon on in the system tray at lower right.

8. Select Playback devices. The headphones should be on the list under “Headphones.” Right-click them and click Set as Default device.

9. They should now be working. If they aren’t please let me know at what step the process failed.

When I add the device it’s grey. When I double click it I can’t select listen to music or handsfree calling. There is no list for my headphones in playback devices

Hi Dan,

Thank you for posting. Could you please contact us directly at support@plugable.com? It sounds like a deeper problem than just the QC35 and I would like to get the report from our diagnostic program on this. Thanks!

For Dan Peter, please also mention “For David Roberts” in the subject line, so the ticket will come to me. Thanks!