Blue Screen when Plugable is pluged in

We just got a brand-new HP ZBook 15 G3 with a NVidia m1000m video card. it is running Windows 10 1703. As soon as I plug the Plugable into the laptop with the video cable connected to the Plugable the laptop bluescreens and will not fully reboot until I have unplugged the Plugable or removed the video cable from the Plugable. BluScreenView shows a driver error of dxgkrnl.sys. If I uninstall the NVidia driver the Plugable works but after reboot the driver reinstalls and crashes the computer. So I think the issue is compatibility with the video drivers. I have installed 3 previous versions of the driver. The Plugable works fine on other computers so I don’t think there is an issue with the device itself. The Plugable model is UD-3900

Hi Denis,

Thanks for posting, and I would be happy to help with your docking station!

Thank you as well for the great detail you provided. With the Creators Update to Windows 10 (that you mention you are running) the DisplayLink driver used by are dock cannot cause a bluescreen crash on its own. The dxgkrnl.sys. component you mention is a DirectX component, and often the root cause is the driver for the system’s internal display adapter as you suspect.

Our next step is to get more information from your system. If you would, please send the output of our diagnostic utility PlugDebug –> http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug to support@plugable.com with ‘For Ticket #186026’ in the subject line so we can match things up (please don’t post the file in our public forum). This will allow us to examine some log files (including the crash dump logs) from your system to help determine the next steps.

Thank you in advance for your patience and giving us the chance to help!

Bob
Plugable Technologies
www.plugable.com/support