Blue desktop on Plugable monitor

I installed Plugable UGA-2K-A on my desktop Dell Inspiron 530 via USB 2.0. The second monitor works well as an extended desktop, but the display is BLUE. How do I correct this so it looks like a normal desktop?

For clarification, this is not the dreaded “Blue Screen of Death.” Everything works properly, but the second monitor has an overcolor of blue rather than the standard white (or whatever it is).

Hi Nicholas,

Thanks for posting here! Let’s figure out what is causing the blue tint on the display connected through the PlugableUGA-2K-A.

Some quick questions to narrow things-:

1. Is the monitor connected through the PlugableUGA-2K-A connected through VGA or DVI?

2. If you swap the monitors (i.e. connect the monitor that is currently connected to the video output port on the desktop through the PlugableUGA-2K-A and connect the monitor with the blue tint through the video output port on the desktop), do you continue to see the blue tint on the monitor currently connected through the PlugableUGA-2K-A?

Once you post back with this information, we will figure out the next steps.

Regards,
Roze

I solved the problem by replacing the DVI->VGA I was using with a DVI/VGA converter block and a standard VGA cable.

Nicholas,

Glad to know that the issue is fixed. If you ever need any help or information regarding any of our products, feel free to post back here or shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze