Are both ends of the cable the same?

I just bought a plugable usb 2.0 Sharing Switch. It’s obvious where the printer wires go but what kind of cable goes into the sharing switch? Is one end of the cable the same as the other? The hub and the switch seem to accept the same cable end.

Thanks for asking!

Our USB switches come with two USB cables with a USB-A male connector (most common USB port type) on one end, and a USB-B male connector (less common, aka printer USB cable) on the other end.

Use the included USB cables to connect the USB-B connectors to the A and B ports on the USB switch.

You attach whatever USB device that you want to share to the lone USB-A port on the top of the switch. You may need to provide your own USB cable for this purpose.

Feel free to contact if you have any other questions!

Thank you,
Plugable Technologies