Any experience on linking USB microscopes to frontend applications?

Hi

I want to know if anyone has an experience linking USB microscopes to front end applications?

What kind of challenges you come across?

I am building a solution that requires interfacing microscope to a Chromebook, iOS and Android app and any experience someone can share around this, will be really helpful.

I’m not sure exactly what you mean by linking, but let me try to shed a little light.

Our microscope uses a standard webcam chipset, which means that it’s a UVC (USB Video Class) device. Most operating systems have the ability to handle UVC devices, since they’ve been a standard peripheral for quite some time now.

Chrome and Android already have solutions for interfacing with our microscope. Unfortunately, there’s no way to interact with a UVC device on iOS, as Apple decided to make that a closed OS and not allow third party devices like ours.

Hope that helps!

Thanks for the reply Sam

By Linking, I meant interfacing a physical microscope to an app. Are there any recommendations on technology/SDK to be used for developing a native or a web app?

Are there any sample apps that you can advise that are built in HTML5 or Java?

Take a look at this article, it outlines how to access a webcam using HTML5 and JavaScript (previously this was only possible using Flash)

https://www.kirupa.com/html5/accessin…