"Allow a device to connect" is grayed when I click on bluetooth icon.

I bought this so I could use a bluetooth speaker, Big Jambox by Jawbone. Jambox is shown offline in devices (it isn’t offline, it is in pairing mode, waiting for device to connect), and I can’t click on "allow a device to connect because it is grayed on the bluetooth icon. USB 4.0, Windows 8

Hello Janis,

Thank you for your message. I’m sorry there are problems getting the Bluetooth speaker working with your computer via the Plugable Bluetooth adapter. I would like to help.

Usually when we see an issue like what you’re describing there’s an issue with the Bluetooth driver install.

Could you run our diagnostic program? It will gather device information and installation logs that will help me understand what is happening and how best to proceed.

To do this, please have the adapter plugged into your computer, then go to this page and follow the instructions there:

http://plugable.com/support/plugdebug

Once you get the file, please send it to support@plugable.com and use the subject line " For Ticket #155624"

Of course if it turns out something is wrong with the adapter, we will get a replacement out to you right away.

Thanks!

Andy
Plugable Support

Janis contacted us directly with the diagnostic information and the problem was caused by a built-in Bluetooth adapter already being installed in the computer. We encouraged Janis to use the built-in one, since Windows can’t work with two Bluetooth adapter simultaneously.

I’m going to close this thread. Please contact us directly at support@plugable.com with any questions or issues.