Adobe CC Premiere crashing when opening while connected to station

Hello,

I’ve got a 2017 Macbook Pro that runs great. For some reason Adobe CC Premiere crashes while opening only when connected to the USB-C Triple Display Docking Station with DisplayLink USB Graphics. Only Premiere does this.

If I disconnect the display then it opens fine on the computer. I’ve got another portable USB-C connector I use and it opens fine with that one.

Is this a weird issue with only the Plugable docking station?

Thanks for any help!

Hi Jeremy,

Thanks for posting!

Could you please let us know whether your MBP has the single Intel Graphics implementation or the Intel + AMD dual graphics configuration?

And before we make any chance to the macOS or Adobe settings, one test suggestion. Let’s try disconnecting 2 of the 3 monitors from the dock. For this test we only want a monitor connected to the “4K/Alt Mode” output. With only that display connected, are there still issues when launching Premiere?

Thanks,
Gary

Thanks for responding Gary.

This will probably drive you crazy but I’m not exactly sure on the graphics question. Here’s what I know Radeon Pro 555 2048 MB Intel HD Graphics 630 1536 MB.

When I do that everything seems to function correctly and I did not get the error from Adobe.

• Jeremy

Hi Jeremy,

Thank you so much for sending over this information! Based on the description of the GPU information, you have a unit that has two graphics cards, a dedicated Radeon Pro 555 and an integrated Intel HD Graphics 630. I am sorry to hear that you are still continuing to experience issues while running Adobe, but this could be due to the individual DisplayLink drivers installed on your system, to make the docking station work correctly.

When you have a moment, with the dock disconnected, would it be possible to head into the Adobe settings, and turn of “Adobe GPU Acceleration” to see if the issue continues to persist?

Please let me know if this alleviates the issue!

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We were hoping that Jermey would be able to try out our individual suggestion to see if it has resolved the issue, but we have not received a response back.

If anyone is experiencing the same issues, or is running into the same problem, please feel free to reach out to us directly at support@plugable.com, and we would be more than happy to assist!

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support