4 Monitors Configuration (Extended Display) Inquiry

I currently have 2 displays:
N/B display
24" Dell Monitor U2412M (1920x1200, 16x10) with DVI, VGA & DisplayPort.

I wanted to add another 2 extended displays using 2 similar 24" Dell Monitors & need your advice if my N/B Spec & configuration will work with your products (2 x USB3-HDMI-DVI Adapter & 1 x 4-Port SuperSpeed USB3.0 Hub).

N/B (i7-2630, Windows 7 (64-bit), 16MB RAM, CPU WEI 7.4, Graphics WEI 5.8
Display 1: N/B Panel Display
Display 2: DVI on monitor to HDMI on N/B
Adapter to N/B USB3.0
Display 3: DVI on monitor to Adapter
Display 4: DVI on monitor to Adapter

Questions:
(1) Can above configuration works?
(2) Does your products come with warranty for non-USA customers? I’m residing in S’pore & will order via Amazon
(3) Any difference in using a HDMI-to-DVI cable or DVI-to-DVI cable (means using your HDMI-to-DVI plug converter)? Dell monitor comes with DVI-to-DVI cable. I won’t mind buying HDMI-to-DVI cable if it has better signal quality.
(4) Is the 4A power adapter accept universal input? USA is using 110-120V mains but S’pore is using 230-240V mains.
(5) My 2nd display is in portrait mode now (1200x1920). Can I set Display 3 & 4 into similar mode too (1920x1200)?
(6) My setup is for trading purpose. Is your adapters + Hub suitable for such application usage? Especially on updating my charts & data in real-time.

Rgds,
Dan

Hi Daniel,

Thanks for contacting Plugable Support, I’ll be happy to help. The first question to answer is probably the one about warranty service to Singapore.

Unfortunately, we currently and not set up to provide warranty service to Singapore, sorry about that!

Regarding the rest of your question, I believe your described setup would work. It’s a common scenario to have multiple USB 3.0 graphics adapters connected to one machine through a USB 3.0 hub. You will be able to set the resolution separately for each display.

The only question I have about your description is about the N/B display. Can you give a bit more detail about what your are referring to as N/B? The Dell U2412M monitor you mentioned would work fine.

I hope this helps!

Thanks,
Jerome.

Plugable Technologies

Jerome,

N/B = Notebook (Laptop)

Not all the 3 monitors will be connected to the USB3.0 interface. Only 2 of them will do so, while the 3rd monitor is connected to the HDMI port on the Notebook.

I’m surprised your company does not provide international warranty. What if the product is defective after the purchase?

Rgds,
Dan

Hi Dan,

The International sales / warranty picture is a bit complicated, here’s the details of what we provide.

Nearly all of our sales occur on Amazon.com or Amazon.co.uk. We offer warranty service to customers buying through either of these channels. Our products aren’t available to customers in Singapore through Amazon.com so there would have to be a forwarding service in the middle to allow it to reach you. If they were available directly through Amazon, we would be able to provide warranty service through the Amazon Fulfillment network. Because of this we aren’t able to provide the level of excellent support that we want to, so we advise potential customers residing outside of the US or the EU against forwarding Amazon purchases of our products.

Currently Amazon only ships products “sold by Amazon” internationally from Amazon.com.

Sorry for the confusion! I hope this helps to explain why it’s this way.

Thanks again for asking ahead!
Jerome.

Jerome,

Will your company look into extending your reach beyond US or EU to have a presence in Asia. It’s the fastest growing region right now. You might want to feedback to your management about it.

I guess I can get technical support via the web like this one. As for the warranty which is very much to guard against manufacturing defects, I have the following option which I hope you can advise if I can still get the products covered under your warranty.

I’ll order your products via Amazon & get them to ship to a US friend’s address. I’ll then get him to ship the products to me. Under this arrangement, are you able to cover the warranty? If there’s a need to ship a defective item back to you, I can do it directly. For replacement, you can ship it to my friend’s US address.

I’m really keen to try out your products even though there are many Taiwanese & Chinese competitors here in Asia. I still prefer to trust a US designed product, and so far pretty happy with your quick response. I think I would want to bring business to the ones who deserve it.

Hope to hear good news from you.

Rgds,
Dan

Dan,

The main reason we do not offer our product internationally is because shipping costs and duties and paperwork associated with international shipments makes it totally non-viable to to provide the same direct-order, fast, low-cost, no-hassle shipping and support/replacement/exchange experience that we consider essential to serving our customers the “Plugable” way.

Although we have a very minute percentage (less than 1%) of faulty units, like any electronic item, there is always a chance that you might get a faulty unit. In such cases, we can replace or repair the product provided you take care of shipping the faulty unit to us here in the US and provide a US address for getting the replacement or repaired unit back from us.

For your reference here is the link to the warranty provided for all our products : Warranty for Plugable products

If you need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze

Roze,

Thanks for the quick response.

Can you provide the Weight & Dimension of the package/box of these 2 items so that I can get a more exact shipping costs from Fedex?

USB3-HDMI-DVI {USB3.0 to HDMI/DVI Adapter for Windows}
USB3-HUB81X4 {4-Port SuperSpeed USB3.0/2.0 Hub (with 4A Power Adapter)}

Please advise if your 4A power Adapter for the USB3-HUB81X4 can accept power mains input from 110V - 240V. I understand US is 110-120V power mains while S’pore is using 230-240V power mains.

Rgds,
Dan

Dan,

The shipping weight for the Plugable USB3-HDMI-DVI is 10.6 oz per unit and for the Plugable USB3-HUB81X4 is 13.6 oz.

Since Amazon handles all the shipping, I do not know the dimensions of the package that they would be shipping the products in, to your friend’s US address. Sorry about that!

The switching power adapter that comes with the hub supports inputs of 100-240V ~ 50/60 Hz 0.5A and comes with US plugs. You will not need a power converter as long as the input is within the given ranges, but you might need a plug adapter for Singapore.

If you need any help or information regarding any of our products, please do feel free to shoot us an email at support@plugable.com. We are here to help!

Regards,
Roze