3rd and/or 4th monitor on XP Pro 32 bit operating system

My operating system is an XP Pro 32 bit (service pack 3) Quad CP Q6600@2.40GHz with 2.39 GHZ 3.24GB ram and a Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT PCI-E 2.0 1 GB DDR2 video card. I would like to add a 3rd and possible 4th monitor. Which plugable product do you recommend for my system configuration and will the Windows XP system recognize the 3rd or 4th monitor?

Hi Harris,

Thanks for your question. I need to get a little more information about your current configuration to give you an appropriate recommendation.

1. It sounds like you have two monitors right now. Are they both connected to the Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT card? Or do you have another graphics adapter to which you are connecting the second monitor?

2. What resolution do you want to use on the additional monitors you would like to add to your computer?

3. Do the additional monitors have VGA ports, DVI ports, or both?

I’ll look forward to getting your answers. If you have additional questions, send them along. We’re here to help.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies

Hi, responded to email sent to gmail account, but in the event you did not receive I have answered the above questions as follows:

1. Both are connected to Nvida card
  2. Current monitors are currently 1280 x 960 and prefer additional monitors have same resolution.
  3. VGA ports

Thanks

Harris.

Hi Harris,

We recommend the Plugable USB-VGA-165 for your needs: http://plugable.com/products/USB-VGA-…. It supports your monitor’s resolution of 1280x960, has a VGA port for connecting to the monitor rather than a DVI port (so you won’t need to convert DVI to VGA), and is our least expensive graphics adapter.

You’ll need one adapter for each monitor that you want to connect. The adapter comes with the USB cable for connecting it to a computer, but you’ll need your own VGA cable for attaching it to a monitor.

Windows XP will support up to six monitors connected via USB graphics adapters, so you should have no problem adding one or two to your existing configuration. But we are here to help during product setup should you proceed with a purchase of the USB-VGA-165 graphics adapter.

If there are more questions about Plugable Technologies we can answer, please let us know.

Sincerely,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies