2 x Identical USB3-SATA-UASP1 - 1 Slow, 1 Fast.

Hi - We have 2 x USB3-SATA-UASP1 SATA to USB flat tray adapters with ASMedia ASM1053e Chipset firmware version is 130107917d01. The units are identical, purchased at the same time.

Problem is one unit will copy at USB 3.0 speeds and the other only USB 2.0 speeds. Same USB cable and power supply being used. Example - cloning a hard drive to SSD will copy at 60-100mbs on one unit and about 15-18mbs on the other unit. Same computer. Just noticed this the other day when both units were cloning identical computers to identical hard drives. I just confirmed they behave the same way on another computer using the same cable and power supply. I tried both units separately connected to the same USB 3.0 port, using the same cable and power supply, and cloning to the same hard drive. Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Hi Michael,

Thank you so much for reaching out to us, I am sorry that you have been experiencing this issue, but I would be happy to assist!

I appreciate all of the great isolation testing you performed, these are great steps in narrowing the issue down to one particular unit. I do think that the slower unit is experiencing a hardware related issue, and would like to send out a replacement unit ASAP, but just as a quick test, is it possible to see if the same speed issue is occurring when attempting the same clone with another SSD or HDD?

If you could, please email us directly at support@plugable.com, so that if the testing scenario garnishes the same results, we can very quickly have a pretested replacement unit sent to you. Please include “Ticket No 189465” in the subject line, so that we can make sure we are attaching it to this forum post.

Thank you for your patience,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support

Hi Everyone,

We attempted to reach out to Michael to work through resolving the issue that he is experiencing, but we have not received a response back. We would be happy to help Michael through any issues regarding his hardware if he would like to reach out to us directly at support@Plugable.com.

If anyone is experiencing any of the same symptoms with their USB3-SATA-UASP1, please do not hesitate to reach out to us at our support email address, and we would be happy to work through finding a solution.

Thank you for your time,
Marc
Product Owner & Technical Support
www.plugable.com/support