2 monitors plus laptop

I would like all 3 dispalys to work. This is windows 7 Enterrpsie on a Dell laptop.
One monitor hooked in Via dosking station, the other via plugable USB 2.0 multi dispaly adapter. Both connected with DVI. I have the classic windows 7 problem of only being able to configure 2 monitors.

Hi Joe,

Thanks for contacting Plugable. I’m sorry things aren’t going as they should be. We’re here to help.

The setup you described should work, so I need a little more information from you to clarify what is happening.

When you say that you have the problem of only being able to configure two monitors, which of the following do you mean?

A) In Windows Display Properties, you can identify only two displays: the internal laptop screen and the monitor connected to your computer’s built-in video output port. The monitor connected via the Plugable USB adapter is not recognized.

B) In Windows Display Properties, you can identify three displays: the internal laptop screen, the monitor connected to your computer’s built-in video output port, and the monitor connected by the Plugable USB adapter. However, the laptop screen is mirrored to one of the external monitors and you do not want what is on the laptop screen to appear on any of the external monitors.

One quick thing you can try if you’re experiencing problem B is to press and hold the Windows key (to the left of Alt) while tapping P. If you tap P until the highlight is on Extend and then release both keys, it should put your computer into Extended desktop mode on the external screens rather than duplicating the laptop to one of them.

C) Something else (please explain more).

I am ready to provide additional assistance as soon as I hear back from you. Just reply to this message to reach me or to let me know if you found a solution to your problem.

Best Regards,

Aaron
Plugable Technologies